Department of Human Resources
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” - Steve Jobs
Critical Needs FieldsMake a difference in the life of a child and teach for FCPS! FCPS is seeking enthusiastic educators who are interested in contributing to a caring culture, while creatively challenging and inspiring young minds. FCPS has a number of critical needs fields for the 2018-19 school year
By recruiting, developing, recognizing, and retaining outstanding employees, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is committed to building a world-class workforce dedicated to educational excellence. The Department of Human Resources is made up of four offices and each provides an integral task in supporting this mission.
This Office of Talent Acquisition & Management (TAM) recruits, selects, and hires an outstanding and diverse workforce that is committed to fostering educational excellence.
- See current job openings
- View career opportunities
- Visit our recruitment section
- Learn more about instructional licensure
HRBS supports the FCPS workforce and the effective operation of the Department of Human Resources by administering various initiatives and programs and overseeing the department’s fiscal and technology resources. HRBS provides customer service to potential, current, and former employees through the HR Connection online portal; manages salary plans and internal employee transfers; maintains official personnel records; processes new employees; provides employment verifications, and offers divisionwide training on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance and time and attendance processing.
- Learn more about salary services
- Explore our employee recognition programs
- See more about HR technology
- Visit the FCPS welcome center
The Office of Benefit Services administers the division’s benefit programs in a fair and equitable manner that complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The office actively manages all employee insurance and financial programs, which include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts; and 403(b) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement savings programs.
- Learn more about benefit services for prospective employees
- Learn more about benefit services for current employees
- Learn more about benefit services for retirees
- Learn more about benefit services for former employees
The Office of Equity and Employee Relations (EER) ensures fair and equitable treatment of staff and compliance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as FCPS policies and regulations affecting equal opportunity in education and employment. To that end, EER monitors activities ranging from performance evaluation to ensuring a discrimination-free workplace. The office facilitates assessment processes that support the supervision, development, and retention of a high-performing workforce.
- View our nondiscrimination-Americans with Disabilities Statement
- Learn more about the Disability/Medical Accommodations we provide
- Read about our process for filing a complaint of discrimination
- See our process for filing a complaint of workplace harassment
- Learn more about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Complete a sign language interpreter accommodation form