Outstanding Nonschool-based Leader
The FCPS Employee Award recognizing this year's Outstanding Nonschool-based Leader (US-20 and above)
The process of nominating a candidate for the Outstanding Nonschool-based Leader award begins through each department's awards liaison. The awards liaison at each department has information about the nomination process and deadlines.
Any FCPS employee or community member can nominate a school-based leader for this award, but employees may not nominate themselves. Eligible candidates must currently work as a Schedule C full-time or part-time employee who has completed at least one contracted year of employment working for FCPS in their current position and be aware of and in agreement with this nomination.
Nominees are nonschool-based leaders who:
- Provide a unique and exceptional contribution to FCPS through their work.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership in their field.
- Foster cooperative relationships with colleagues and/or the community.
- Foster an environment where diversity in all of its forms is valued and appreciated and demonstrate keeping equity at the center of their work.
- Contribute to one or more of the following Ignite Goals, in the FCPS Strategic Plan:
- Student Success
- Caring Culture
- Premier Workforce
- Resource Stewardship
The Selection Process
All schools will conduct a local nomination process to determine their Outstanding School-based Leader. The Outstanding School-based Leaders from every school then go on to the pyramid level where a Pyramid Outstanding School-based Leader is selected and put forward to the Region level. The Region winners will be the finalists for the overall Fairfax County Public Schools Outstanding School-based Leader.
Awards and Recognition
All school-level honorees will be recognized. The 2021 FCPS Outstanding School-based Leader will be announced at the FCPS Honors event and will receive $4000. In recognition of collaborative teamwork, the FCPS award winners and their colleagues will also receive a celebration at their worksite.