Outstanding New Principal
The FCPS Employee Award recognizing this year's Outstanding New Principal.
The process of nominating a candidate for the Outstanding New Principal Award begins through each school's awards liaison. The awards liaison at each school has information about the nomination process and deadlines.
Any FCPS employee or community member can nominate a new principal for this award, but employees may not nominate themselves. Eligible candidates must have completed at least three full years of teaching and are aware of and in agreement with this nomination.
Nominees are new principals who:
- Gather, analyze, and use data for student achievement.
- Communicate a clear vision for school improvement and stakeholder engagement.
- Maintain effective discipline and foster a safe environment for students and staff.
- Exhibit effective communication skills when working with staff and community members.
- Model professionalism and promote the professional growth of others.
- Foster an environment where diversity in all of its forms is valued and appreciated and demonstrate keeping equity at the center of their work.
- Contribute to one or more of the following Ignite Goals, in the FCPS Strategic Plan:
- Student Success
- Caring Culture
- Premier Workforce
- Resource Stewardship
The Selection Process
Schools nominating their new principal for this award will submit nomination packets directly to the Region level where finalists for Outstanding New Principal are selected. Finalists move on to the Leadership Team level where the annual FCPS Outstanding New Principal is selected.
Awards and Recognition
All honorees will be recognized. The annual FCPS Outstanding New Principal will be announced at the FCPS Honors event and will receive $4000. In recognition of collaborative teamwork, the FCPS award winners and their colleagues will also receive a celebration at their worksite.
Questions and More Information
Please contact the school's awards liaison with questions or visit the Outstanding Employee Awards web page.