Outstanding Elementary Teacher
The FCPS Employee Awards recognizing this year's outstanding elementary school teacher.
The process of nominating a candidate for the Outstanding Elementary Teacher Award begins at the school level through each school's awards liaison. The awards liaison at each school has information about the nomination process and deadlines.
Any FCPS employee or community member can nominate a teacher for this award, but employees may not nominate themselves. Eligible candidates must have completed at least three full years of teaching and must also be aware of and in agreement with this nomination.
Nominees are teachers who:
- Instill in students a desire to learn and achieve
- Understand the individual needs of students, encourage their talents and foster their self-esteem
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of subject matter and the ability to share it effectively with students
- Foster cooperative relationships and engage with their colleagues and the community
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership
- Contribute to one or more of the following Ignite Goals, in the FCPS Strategic Plan:
- Student Success
- Caring Culture
- Premier Workforce
- Resource Stewardship
The Selection Process
Awards and Recognition
All nominees will be recognized at the annual FCPS Awards Gala. The FCPS 2020 Outstanding Teacher will be announced at the event and will receive $4000. In recognition of collaborative teamwork, award winners and their workplace colleagues will receive a celebration in honor of their contribution to excellence.