Visit the Healthy Minds Fairfax Website
Healthy Minds Fairfax is a partnership among Fairfax County Government, Fairfax County Public Schools, and community-based partners, with the goal of improving access to quality behavioral health services for children, youth, and families.
Healthy Minds Fairfax coordinates a full range of mental health and substance abuse services for children and youth across multiple county agencies, the school system, and private treatment providers. We work to help youth and families in the Fairfax-Falls Church community access mental health and substance abuse services, and improve the quality of those services.
Whether you are a parent, service provider, or someone else concerned about behavioral health for youth, we encourage you to explore the Healthy Minds Fairfax website to find important information and great resources.
Families can find answers to common questions:
- How do you get help during a mental health crisis?
- Does my child have a behavioral health and/or substance abuse issue?
- What are some common mental health diagnoses?
- What type of professionals can provide services?
- How do I know if we are receiving good treatment?
Service providers can get linked to resources:
- Pediatric mental health screening and assessment tools.
- Information on crisis and non-crisis interventions.
- Becoming a county contracted Short-Term Behavioral Health Services provider.
- Behavioral health resources for primary care doctors.
- Training materials and promotional flyers.
Healthy Minds is for parents, educators, and community-based providers who are interested in supporting student mental health and wellness. It represents a collaboration between FCPS’ Office of Intervention and Prevention Services and the Fairfax County Government. SUBSCRIBE to Healthy Minds and receive a monthly digest of our most recent articles.