Employee News for the Week of April 18, 2022
Check out the April Issue of the Audit Buzz
April 22, 2022
In the April issue of Audit Buzz, the Office of the Auditor General (OAG) summarizes the status of current engagements, the upcoming Internal Audit Awareness Month in the Knowledge Hive, and highlights a recent peer review (i.e. "auditing the auditors") performed by Auditor General, Esther Ko. Stay up to date with OAG's current and future work by subscribing to Audit Buzz.
Updates to FCPS Health Plan ID Cards
April 21, 2022
New identification cards are being digitally generated and electronically issued to employees and dependent(s) who are covered under an FCPS health plan. Here’s when you can expect your new ID card and how to access it:
- Aetna/Innovation Health members will be able access their new ID cards digitally in the coming weeks. You can log into your account through the Aetna member website and/or through the Aetna Health app.
- CareFirst members can access updated digital ID cards by logging into your account through the CareFirst member website and/or through the CareFirst app. Members were also mailed new cards in January.
- Kaiser Permanente members can access an updated digital ID card by logging into their accounts through the Kaiser Permanente website.
New ID cards were issued due to recently passed legislation that requires health plans to include details about members’ individual and family in- and out-of-network deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum limits. These updates will allow members to make more informed health care decisions based on costs.
FCPS Online Classifieds Free for Employees
April 19, 2022
The FCPS Online Classifieds system—which is for employees only and can be found on the Hub at http://commapps.fcps.edu/classifieds—is a free way for employees to post ads for personally owned items that they are seeking to buy, sell, or give away. Examples include electronics, children’s items, fitness and sports equipment, furniture, cars, and tickets. It's also a great tool to help an employee look for someone to share a ride to work, find a roommate, or rent real estate. The FCPS Online Classifieds system is completely self-service and allows users to post new ads or update or renew existing ads at any time.
Ads for employee-owned businesses or school or workplace fund-raisers will not be accepted. A complete list of rules of use can be found at http://commapps.fcps.edu/classifieds/Policy.cfm.
Because of the system’s technical restrictions, electronic photos cannot be uploaded along with postings. Feel free to include information in your posting that a picture is available by email upon request. For answers to some other frequently asked questions, go to http://commapps.fcps.edu/classifieds/FAQ.cfm.
For more information, contact Andy Grunig at [email protected].
Add the Classifieds to Your Hub Quick Links
If you would like to add the FCPS Classifieds to your Hub quick links, you can do so by:
- Going to the Hub home page - https://hub.fcps.edu/.
- Clicking the “Update My Quick Links” button.
- Doing a search for Classifieds.
- Clicking on the + sign in the right hand corner.