Employee News for the Week of April 11, 2022
FCPS COVID-19 Testing Ends April 22
April 14, 2022
To limit the spread of COVID-19 and to keep schools open safely, Fairfax County Public Schools has been providing a COVID-19 screening and diagnostic testing program to staff as part of its layered prevention strategies.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the community level for Fairfax County is currently classified as low; this classification has continued for the past month. In addition, Fairfax Health District COVID-19 Vaccination Status indicates that more than 70% of all Fairfax Health Districts residents have been fully vaccinated (defined by receiving two of a two-dose vaccine or one of a single-dose vaccine) and.more than 80% of residents have received one dose. COVID-19 Vaccinations are free and available at various locations in our community.
Based on these metrics and CDC guidance, FCPS will discontinue the following prevention strategies on April 22:
- Optional weekly screening testing for all schools.
- Diagnostic Drive Through Testing Sites at Gatehouse Administration Center and Sideburn Center.
If employees have symptoms and need to get tested, COVID-19 Testing is available at various sites throughout Fairfax County, and at-home test kits are readily available in stores.
All FCPS employees should continue to update the Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form with their latest vaccine dose, including boosters. Also, please continue to do your part to maintain a healthy learning environment by self-administering the daily health screening questionnaire and using layered prevention strategies including hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, monitoring for illness, and staying home when sick. Employees should still report positive test results to their supervisor.
Tutor.com Now Live
April 14, 2022
FCPS students now have unlimited access to online tutoring support services through Tutor.com at no cost to families. Student participation is optional and parents/guardians can opt their student(s) out of accessing the services. Detailed information and FAQs are available on the Tutor.com Online Tutoring Services website.
Students are able to access Tutor.com via a link in Schoology. Additional information about how to log in and access a tutor is provided to families via the following instructional videos:
Resources for staff are available on the Tutor.com - Online Tutoring Services Employee Hub Site. Questions not answered in the posted resources may be sent to [email protected].
FCPS Summer Learning Job Opportunities
April 11, 2022
Positions are now available for you to join the fun and excitement of FCPS Summer Learning.
Elementary School and Middle School Positions
- Bridge to Kindergarten: Help pre-Kindergarten students build executive functioning skills and routines for a smooth transition to school in the fall.
- Young Scholars (Elementary and Middle School): Guide FCPS Young Scholars in project-based learning (PBL) as they create and present innovative products to address real-world problems.
- Summer Olympians Aspire and Reach (SOAR): Coach students as they strengthen math and language arts skills while developing Portrait of a Graduate attributes. (Grades K-6.)
- IMAGINE: Coach students as they strengthen math and language arts skills while developing Portrait of a Graduate attributes. (Grades 7-8.)
To apply, contact your school’s Summer Site Director.
High School Positions
- Credit Recovery Academy: The Instructional Services Department provides an opportunity for students to recover high school course credits and prepare for select SOL or WorkKeys tests. Be a part of this collaborative and transformative student-centered learning program. Apply here.
Extended School Year (ESY) Employment Opportunities
Special education summer positions are still available for Extended School Year (ESY) teachers and operational staff. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online. Hourly summer contracts for teachers and support positions are available at all grade levels. Special education teachers and professionals on the teacher pay scale employed for the ESY Program will be compensated at a flat rate of $68 per hour.
Homebound and Consult teachers will be paid a flat rate of $50 per hour. Positions will be open until filled. For more information, go to the Summer Learning and Extended School Year (ESY) Employment Opportunities web page. To apply, go to the Teacher Employment Opportunities and Paraprofessional and Operational Employment Opportunities web pages.
Note: ESY contracts are contingent upon student enrollment.