Don’t Grind Your Gears Looking for a Place to Donate a Vehicle
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) accepts donations of all types of vehicles, no matter condition. A vehicle donated to FCPS is put to great use.
Donated vehicles go to one of the school division’s 13 auto tech classrooms where students learn repairs, reconditioning, recycling, and – if deemed repairable – some are fixed and sold with the proceeds going back to the automotive program.
If you have a car, truck or something more exotic, FCPS will take it. We offer the FCPS Donations Portal as an online site to make donating easy.
Here’s some basic information:
- The FCPS Donations Portal is your starting line.
- Donation drop-offs are taken Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. when school is in session. During the summer it is appointment only.
- The condition of the vehicle does not matter. We take any make, model or condition.
- For vehicles that do not run, FCPS will discuss options with the donor.
- Since donations are made to an educational facility, it may be possible to get the maximum tax benefit.
Donating vehicles involves a unique set of forms. By using the FCPS Donations Portal, we can easily support donors in that regard.
Thank you for considering a donation to Fairfax County Public Schools.