Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Sebastian Bonaiuto, Edison High School
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest disappointment has been missing lacrosse season. I was really looking forward to being able to play with my friends one last time.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My plans for the fall are to attend the University of Pittsburgh.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
The only thing that has changed are the classes I will be taking. I was planning on being able to test out some freshman year classes, but due to the cancellation of IB testing I'm not sure I'll get the credit. My plans are also dependent on the University's actions with regards to COVID-19.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I have learned that I do much better with a routine, or some sort of plan in place for my day. If i don't have at least a rough idea of what my timing should look like for the day I become very unproductive.
5) What is your passion?
I have many passions, but recently I have been really enjoying working on small engines. I have been flipping old mowers over the break, and I built a motorized bike out of an old weedwacker engine.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
Another passion I have discovered since social distancing started is cooking. I eat a lot of fast food, but since I'm not really leaving the house I have had to make my own food.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope that soon we are able to start going back to normal. A lot of opportunities are being missed out on because of risk of the virus, and that is very unfortunate.
8) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I am most proud of how I was able to overcome adversity after a battle with cancer my freshman year. I missed the second semester of freshman year to have eight rounds of chemotherapy and have my left foot amputated. My sophomore year I competed in districts for swim, and my junior year I played football, swam, and played lacrosse.