Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Nhi Vo, Lee High School
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
One of the biggest hardships that I’ve faced is the fact that I won’t be able to see my classmates graduate or enjoy their prom, which is something that I’ve helped plan the past four years.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
I plan to study biology at University of Virginia this fall!
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
My plans have not changed so far, as UVA plans to start the year on-campus, so it’ll be more or less normal.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
One thing I learned about myself during the COVID-19 closures is that I make a really good strawberry cheesecake.
5) What is your passion?
My passion is helping people, present and future. It’s a little cheesy, but I want to help save the planet!
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
This isn’t a “new” passion per se, but I used my extra time during closures to crochet and donate baby and preemie hats.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope to become a marine biologist or enter a career in environmental studies in the future.
8) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I’m very proud of all of the friendships I’ve made with others over the past few years. Seeing the excitement and the spirit in our class during Pep Rally weeks was an unmatchable experience.