Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Marissa Flores, Mount Vernon High School
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest disappointment is that I was playing wheelchair basketball For the Fairfax Falcons and we were supposed to play in the National Wheelchair Basketball tournament in Kansas that was canceled due to Covid 19.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My plans are to attend NOVA for two years and then transfer to a 4 year college that has wheelchair basketball to study Business Management, so that I can open up my own recreation center for children with disabilities.
3) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
No matter what is going on in the world, I can find an opportunity in anything.
4) What is your passion?
Wheelchair basketball and helping others.
5) What are your hopes for the future?
Open up my recreation center for children with disabilities and spread more awareness for people with disabilities.
6) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I am most proud that I was able to be the manager for the girls JV basketball team as well as for the teachers believing in me despite my obstacles.