Academics and Continuity of Learning Plan
FCPS has developed a plan for continuity of learning while school is closed. Our goal is for students to read, write, communicate, and engage in continued learning experiences during this period. The first two weeks of school closure will not include any teacher-directed instruction. Students can participate in optional, self-directed learning activities posted on FCPS 24-7 Blackboard. Student work will be neither required nor graded. These activities will be across the content areas so each child can choose activities that suit their interests.
Here are some tips to help you support your child during distance learning:
- Establish routines and expectations. Balance screen time and non-screen time activities.
- Students should take brain breaks and move regularly as they study.
- Discuss what your child is learning and ask questions.
- Establish times for quiet and reflection.
- Remain mindful of your child’s stress.