A platform for student expression
In your own voice and choice of media, tell us your unique and compelling thoughts. Selected stories will appear on the FCPS Student Voice webpage and possibly other digital or broadcast platforms.
Student Voice is currently looking for videos and other posts from students on two different topics. Please specify the topic when submitting your piece.
Virtual Learning Tips and Tricks - Open Deadline
How are you making virtual learning work for you? What tips and tricks do you have for other students on:
- setting up a virtual learning space
- organizing your virtual schedule and assignments
- navigating Google Classroom
- using SIS Student Vue
- staying focused and using digital citizenship in a virtual classroom
- Any other tips and tricks you have for virtual learning success!
Student Mental Health and Wellness - Open Deadline
How will you unplug from the digital world after virtual classes? What ways have you found to get moving and stay focused without being in a classroom? How are you staying connected with your friends when you don't see them in school every day?
Keep It Simple
- Submit complete work
- Be truthful
- Avoid profanity
- Have rights to music or audio used
- Only include your first name
- Check that individuals have not opted out for public use
- Verify facts
- Be yourself
- Submissions must comply with FCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R)
Type of Media Accepted
How to Submit Your Media
- Create your media and ask a teacher to review. Shoot videos in horizontal/landscape view.
- Upload to your fcpsschools.net Google Drive account.
- Share your folder with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified if your story has been selected to appear on the FCPS Student Voice website and possibly other digital or broadcast platforms.
All FCPS K-12 students are eligible to submit media unless your parents/guardians have completed an opt-out form.
How to Tell a Great Story
We'd Love to Hear From You
Please email your questions or suggestions for future themes to email@example.com.
It's so awesome that FCPS is giving students writers, artists, and filmmakers a platform for their work and opinions to be recognized.
-Zandy, Hayfield Secondary School