Summer Learning: Other Opportunities
Other Summer Opportunities
Summer 2022 Programs
Specific details for these summer programs will be coming soon.
- Fairfax County Library Summer Reading Program - The library helps make reading fun by providing tools, access and incentives during its Summer Reading Adventure. The program invites all children and teens—birth through high school—to read for fun over the summer.
- School Aged Child Care (SACC) Camp Fairfax - This full-day program for rising 1st through 7th graders features exciting opportunities in outdoor adventures, performing arts, sports and recreation, visual arts, science, technology, engineering and math exploration, and much more! Current health and safety guidelines will be implemented. Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack are provided.
- FCPS ACE Enrichment Programs
- NCS Connects (Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services) - Enjoy daily arts and crafts, technology, fitness, music and more!
- Teens in Action - Teens in Action offers an engaging, healthy and affordable recreation program for youth ages 12 to 18 to learn, play and serve. Activities include team sports, games, arts and crafts, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programming, service projects, cultural field trips and much more! Free nutritious lunches and snacks are served.
- V.I.P. Camp - Your teenager is a Very Important Person. Sign them up for a summer of fun and leisure at Value in Prevention (V.I.P.) Camp! V.I.P. Camp is designed to encourage teens to develop healthy and positive recreation interests and features a wide variety of leisure activities and programs. This camp is sponsored by Fairfax County Public Schools and Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services guaranteeing a quality program for your child. To be eligible, participants must be current or rising middle school students residing in Fairfax County.
- Therapeutic Recreation Camp - This affordable summer camp offers experiences for individuals (ages 5-22) with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, physical disabilities, emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and/or attention deficit disorders. The summer will be packed full of special events, art activities, sensory play, games, sports, outdoor play, music activities and more.
- Fairfax County Park Authority Summer Camps - Park Authority camps are meant for children 3 to 14 to try new experiences grow mentally, physically and socially. Whether your child wants to refine a sports skill, go fishing, be in a play, learn magic, play mind-adventure games, and the list goes on….
- REC-PAC - Rec-PAC is a six-week, structured recreation program operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority for elementary school children. Participants enjoy activities such as fitness, indoor and outdoor games, team sports, nature, crafts, special events, talent shows and play sessions. Weekly activities incorporate character-building activities. A ratio of at least one staff person to 18 participants is our standard. Enthusiastic leaders include college students and school teachers who bring a variety of skills.
Information about Special Needs Summer Camps 2022 will be available soon. Please contact the Parent Resource Center for a copy.