Dual Enrollment with Northern Virginia Community College Student Checklist
Use this checklist to manage the process of signing up for any Dual Enrollment Class.
- Apply for admission to NOVA
- Complete the Intent to Pursue Dual Enrollment Courses form and return to your counselor.
- Remember to keep your NOVA ID number, assigned NOVA user name and password in a safe place.
- Check with your counselor to confirm you meet the qualifying test score requirements to dual enroll.
Virginia Placement Test (VPT) Options
- Select FCPS high schools offer the VPT to their own students at various times during the spring. Students should check with their school counselor regarding those testing opportunities.
- The VPT can also be taken at your convenience at any NOVA campus.
Prior to school closure students were required to complete necessary testing by June 1, 2020. NOVA has modified enrollment admission that adds flexibility to use additional measures for admission and placement- 2020-2021 Covid-19 Dual Enrollment Placement Testing Options .
The previous date to turn in the NOVA Intent to Purse Dual Enrollment form was April 1, 2020. The deadline has been extended, date TBD. Information regarding the new process will be communicated to school counselors once a new process has been put into place.
For additional information for online campus or VPT visit: