Dual Enrollment with Northern Virginia Community College Student Checklist
Use this checklist to manage the process of signing up for any Dual Enrollment Class.
- Complete the Intent to Pursue Dual Enrollment Courses form and return to your counselor.
- Apply for admission to NOVA
- Remember to keep your NOVA ID number, assigned NOVA user name and password in a safe place.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT). This is necessary only if you do not have qualifying substitute test scores that meet the minimum requirement.
Virginia Placement Test (VPT) Options
- Select FCPS high schools offer the VPT to their own students at various times during the spring. Students should check with their school counselor regarding those testing opportunities.
- The VPT can also be taken at your convenience at any NOVA campus.
Intent to Pursue Dual Enrollment forms are due to your school counselor no later than April 6, 2019. Forms for dual enrollment courses taken through FCPS Online Campus are due to your school counselor no later than May 15, 2019. Students with approved schedule changes or transferring into FCPS after this date, must submit intent and registration form by August 31st.
For additional information for online campus or VPT visit: