Information for Parents on Technical Support for Students
FCPS Support and Resources for Distance Learning
We are excited to have you on-board with us as we embark on our Distance Learning journey. Here are a few important reminders about accessing FCPS resources online:
- Remember that your school remains your primary point of contact during this time. Contact information for your child’s school-based administration is available on the school’s website. In addition, your child’s school should have already been in contact with you regarding online instruction.
- Resources for your child are being posted in FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard). Your child will access Blackboard via their normal log-in.
- Parents can also access resources in Blackboard, using their ParentView log-in (also known as your SIS Parent account).
- If you need help with accessing Blackboard ParentView, please visit the Parent Help page on our website.
- Inside of FCPS 24-7 Learning, there are many tech support resources available to you and your student. Follow these steps to find them:
- Navigate to the My FCPS tab at the top
- Under the Continuity of Learning panel in the upper left, select either Elementary Resources or Middle and High School Resources.
- On the next screen, you will see links in the left-hand side bar. Scroll all the way down to Support Resources and click on that link.
- The Support Resources screen provides several help guides for FCPS online resources.
- Special education resources are being posted in FCPS 24-7 Learning. Your child will access Blackboard with their normal log-in.
- If, after reviewing the help resources, you need technical assistance with your parent account, please request assistance.
- If you are seeking technology assistance on behalf of your student with their online access or with their FCPS device, please begin by reaching out to your student’s teacher. If the teacher determines that the issue requires tech support, the teacher can enter a support request ticket on that student’s behalf.
- Please note that our technology support teams are experiencing higher than normal volume during this distance learning transition. As a result, it may take a minimum of 24 hours for a response to your inquiry.
We recognize that online learning cannot replace the face-to-face interactions of our caring faculty with their students. Again, we thank you for your patience and your partnership as we transition to a virtual learning environment.