Summer Recovery Academy
Recovery Services are designed to address learning gaps and are determined by IEP teams.
Recovery Services are available to students with disabilities whose teams determined there remains a significant educational impact due to the COVID-19 school closure and the virtual learning this school year. Recovery Services are designed to address learning gaps and are determined by IEP teams.
- Extended School Year (ESY) sites
- On a limited case by case basis, Recovery Services may be scheduled at base or attending school.
- Main session, co-located with ESY, June 28-July 23, 2021*
- Additional sessions, if required, July 26-August 12, 2021*
- Students who attend ESY or participate in the comprehensive summer school offerings may need to receive Recovery Services outside the timeframe listed above.
- For students receiving Recovery Services at the end of the ESY day, schedule no more than 1 hour of Recovery Services.*
- For students receiving Recovery Services only during the weeks of June 28- July 23, 2021, schedule 3 hours per day for elementary and 4 hours per day for secondary, if possible.*
- For the additional sessions during the weeks of July 26-August 12, 2021, schedule 1-3 hours per day of services, if possible.*
*Services are not limited to these dates and times.
Parents who have questions about Recovery Services should contact their child’s case manager.
Case Manager Contacts:
- Program Manager: Ellen Glaser
- Recovery Services Coordinator: Abby Jones
- If interested in providing Recovery Services, please contact Ellen Glaser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An STR card will be required for all students receiving Recovery Services.
Submit Recovery Services student information to Ellen Glaser. Please indicate whether the student is attending the ESY site for Recovery Services only or for ESY and Recovery Services.
Student materials will be sent to the ESY site via FCPS PONY mail.
- Additional information will be provided in the upcoming weeks.
Elementary students who attend ESY and then Recovery Services will need to bring their own lunch, snacks, and drinks. There will be a 30 minute break between the end of ESY and the beginning of Recovery Services to allow for the students to eat lunch or take a break.