Division Technology Plans
Projects, programs, and processes used for planning, developing, implementing, and assessing technology solutions.
The annual FCPS Technology Plan supports the overall mission, vision, objectives, and priorities of the Fairfax County School Board, demonstrates the effective use of technology, and emphasizes the innovative use of technology in instruction, administration, and business operations. It articulates projects and programs, as well as the processes used for planning, developing, implementing, and assessing technology solutions.
The FCPS Technology Plan is aligned to the 2015-17 Addendum to the Educational Technology Plan for Virginia: 2010-15, which has five key focus areas.
- An appropriately and adequately designed learning environment.
- Meaningful engagement of learners.
- Purposeful application of appropriate technology tools.
- Use of authentic technology tools that extend learning capabilities.
- Authentic and intelligent assessments.
FY 2017 - FY 2018 Technology Plan
This plan describes and demonstrates how instructional technology supports the Fairfax County School Board’s vision, mission, the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate, and the goals of Ignite, the FCPS Strategic Plan.