ERFC Coronavirus Update
Your FCPS pension is one less thing to worry about
Updates from ERFC on Coronavirus
We know that our members may have concerns about the implications of the Coronavirus outbreak to your long-term retirement plans and how to access ERFC services during this difficult time.
The health and well-being of our members and staff is of the utmost importance. Our goal is to care for you as much as you are caring for the wellbeing of our FCPS students.
During this time, you can rely on ERFC to continue to pay your benefits on time.
We’ll keep this page updated with the latest news on your services.
Member Benefit Payments
ERFC is pleased to confirm that we're processing all payments on schedule.
Retirees and beneficiaries will receive their benefits as usual through their established delivery method. We are working hard to make sure your benefits are being paid on time.
With the recent guidance from local public health agencies, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and remote work limitations, we’re implementing the following actions:
- We are unable to receive or process USPS mail while operating remotely.
- We’re working remotely while our office is closed—contact information is provided below.
- We’re rescheduling in-person individual counseling sessions to video or phone sessions — The ERFC Retirement Counselor will contact the member by telephone to review their completed ERFC and VRS paperwork and give instructions as to how to submit the paperwork.
- We are sending regular updates via email and through both ERFC website and intranet page.
- If you’d like an estimate of your retirement payment, we encourage you to take advantage of the benefit estimate function on ERFC Direct.
Retirement Information Sessions
All retirement information sessions are currently canceled. We have published online retirement sessions that are available 24/7 and can be accessed thought MyPDE:
HIRED ON or AFTER
JULY 1st, 2001
Register at MyPDE
JULY 1st, 2001
Register at MyPDE
Accessing ERFC Direct
During this time, our capacity for calls may be reduced. We encourage you to visit ERFC Direct for many of your information needs.
Using ERFC Direct active members can:
School Closures and Service Credit
You’ll continue to receive service credit toward ERFC benefits as long as you’re making contributions towards your ERFC retirement. You can verify your contributions by checking your monthly paystub for “ERFC Ret” under your Tax Deferred & Post Tax Deductions—see example below.
If you have any non-ERFC retirement benefit related questions, please click here.
Investment Portfolio Preparedness
For some of our members, the Coronavirus pandemic is creating financial uncertainty and concern. Rest assured that the FCPS pension benefits you’ll receive through ERFC are safe, and we continue to work hard remotely on your behalf. While the spread of Coronavirus has had a major impact on society and global financial markets, your FCPS pension remains well funded.
It’s important to remember that ERFC is a long-term investor—for us that means 20+ years. As long-term investors we know that losses in the short-term are unavoidable. Our goal is to generate strong risk-adjusted returns over the long-term to help ensure that your FCPS pension benefits remain strong.
Over the past 46 years ERFC has weathered many financial storms, the Dot-Com Bubble in 2000, the Global Financial Crisis in 2008, to name a couple within the last 20 years. In spite of many severe market corrections over the past 32 years, ending February 2020, the Fund has managed to generate an annualized return of 8.8% (after investment management fees). We’ll continue to adapt, work hard, monitor our investments, and take prudent actions on behalf of our members.
Accurate Information about Coronavirus
- FCPS is issuing daily updates about the status of Coronavirus.
- Find information about the disease and how to protect yourself on the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus webpage.
- Read more on how to protect yourself and others at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Active, Inactive, and Deferred Members
Last name beginning with:
Assistance with benefit payments or withholdings
Please call: 571-309-8658
Health or dental deductions from your ERFC payment
Please call: (571) 369-7430
Medical or dental insurance related questions
Please email HRConnection@fcps.edu
For all other inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience as we work to assist you remotely. ERFC is here for you during this unprecedented event.