Woodson Library (Location A117)
Librarians: Peggy Linski and Heather Morgan
Administrative Assistant: Connie Maupin
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday (Late Bus Day):
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
7:00 am - 2:30 pm
- FCPS 24/7 : Access the Library Resources Course, all students should be enrolled.
- Library Catalog
- Fairfax County Public Library:
Catalogs, Databases, and Guides
- Woodson Style Manual: W.T. Woodson expects its students to be responsible users of information. Therefore, there is a Woodson Style Manual to help students with their research, writing, and citations. Howevere, research and citations can be tricky. Additional research and citations information can be found in the Library Resources course in Blackboard (FCPS 24/7), but don't hesitate to ask the librarians for help too.
Policies and Procedures:
Visiting the Library
- Before School, Break Times, After School: Come on in! No pass needed. No sign-in at the front desk.
- Lunch: No pass needed. Must sign in at the front desk.
- During Class: Show the library staff a pass from your teacher. Must sign in at the front desk.
- To check-out books you must know your student ID number.
- May have up to 5 books checked-out at a time.
- Most books are due in 3 weeks. Books may be renewed unless there is a "hold" on it. Just talk to the library staff. You do not need the book with you to renew it. Overdue books are $.10/day.
- Study guides may be checked-out for a week. They may not be renewed. Overdue guides are $1/day.
- Reference and project books may be checked out overnight. They may not be renewed. Overdue reference/project books are $1/day
- Magazines do not curculate.
Computer and Printer Use
- Students may use the computers in accordance with FCPS Acceptable Use Policy. Please do not stream music or video unless it is assigned by a teacher. No video games are permitted. Email for academic purposes is encouraged.
- Black/White and color printing are available in the library. Please see library staff for specifics.
- A copy machine is available for student use. Copying from library books is free. There is a charge for allother items, including textbooks.
- This is not a solemn library. Students are encouraged to spend time in the library doing work, relaxing, and even socializing. HOWEVER students are expected to behave in a manner that does not disrupt or distract others in the library.
- All school rules apply in the library during the instructional day.
- The library is a cell phone free zone at all times.
- Ipods and other individual music players are allowed before and after school.
- Drinks in spill proof containers are permitted in the library. Food is not permitted.