FCPS 24/7 Parent View Account Validation
Woodson now allows "walk-ins"
to complete the validation process for FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard)
Accounts. *This is only for parents who do not have their
own FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard) Accounts yet. If you have
already created an account, you are not required to create/validate
a new one.
What is a FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard) Account? This account allows parents direct access to the online class
sites (Blackboard) for all of their FCPS students with a single
login and allows access to Keep-In-Touch (www.fcps.edu/kit/)
to review and update their students’ emergency data online.
We would like all parents to take advantage of this valuable tool.
Dates, Time and Location
are the following:
What: FCPS 24/7 Parent View
Account Validation(You must have your registration key...see
When: Arrive at Woodson between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday
* It is a good idea to call in
advance (703-503-4741) to insure someone will be available to
validate at the time you plan to stop in ( i.e. support may be
at lunch or out of the building)
to the Main Office and check in and then you will be directed to the validation location.
For all parents and/or guardians who want to use and access FCPS
24/7 Parent View but do not have an account yet, you will
need to do the following:
1) Complete the Online Registration – you will need your child’s student ID number to do this. It is strongly recommended
that you complete this portion of the process from home before you arrive at your child's school to avoid a long
wait time.However, we will have computers onsite tocomplete the registration if you are unable to register at home.
To complete the online registration, click here for a printable version of the instructions or please do the following: - Using your
Internet browser, go to http://fcps.blackboard.com
- Log on the site and type the following - Username: parentreg and Password: newuser
- Under the Parent Portal Registration heading, click on "Click here".
- Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. To complete the online form, you will need your child's student ID number that can be found on your child's class schedule or report card.
- At the end of the process, you will be assigned your unique registration key, please be sure to print or write it down so that you can bring it to Woodson for completing the validation process.
2) Complete the Onsite Validation - Once you have registered for your FCPS 24/7 parent view account, you will need to bring your unique registration key along with a government issued photo ID (i.e. your driver's license) with your current mailing address to Woodson during the listed times above. * Again, it is important that the parent/guardian has already created his/her account at home before coming to Woodson to validate the account.
- Please do not send your child
with the registration key! FCPS requires that the parent/guardian
requesting the "parent view" account must do this in
- You must have a current government issued photo ID (i.e. your driver's license) with your current mailing address. If you do not have your current mailing address on your license, please bring a bill or piece of mail with your name and current address.
- If you have no access to a computer to complete the online
registration before coming to Woodson to validate the account,
a computer will be available at Woodson (on the dates above) if
you need to use it to create your account, however, it is strongly
recommended that you create your account prior to coming to Woodson
to complete the validation process. Space will be limited and
it will save time if there is a crowd waiting to validate their
- If you have difficulty creating your account online, please
contact the FCPS 24/7 Parent View Help Desk at 1-866-434-8880…They
can provide technical assistance and support.