Does Woodson Have your Current E-mail Address on File?
Have you changed your e-mail recently?
At the opening of the school year, did you check your emergency care information
to see if your e-mail address was accurate/current?
If you have been having issues receiving your son or daughter's progress report from teachers via e-mail or you have not received any Woodson "Keep in Touch" announcements this school year, you may have no e-mail address or an incorrect e-mail address on file for your child at Woodson. If you have a missing or incorrect e-mail address on file for your child, this may hinder you from receiving student progress reports sent via e-mail and important school based e-mails like “Keep in Touch” messages and WEMail. To fix this issue, you will need to update your e-mail address using your ParentView (Blackboard) Account via the wecare@school link. If you receive this message or a message similar to this from another teacher, you only need to update your e-mail address once and the change will reach all of your child’s teachers.
If you have a ParentView (Blackboard) Account, please do the following:
- Open your Parent View Account at http:\\fcps.blackboard.com
- Click the wecare@school link
- Click on your child's name to edit his/her emergency care information
- View your child's basic school information listed, click continue.
- In the next window, you can edit your child's information...find the editable space for "E-mail" and insert or update the space with your correct e-mail address. *At this time, you could also update any other portions of this Emergency Care Form if necessary.
- Click Continue to forward through the rest of the Emergency Care Form, when you see the button, “Save Changes” click it to Save any updates you have made.
- A message will appear. Read it and Click OK.
- Click "Send the Form" to send the updated form to our School personnel.
Once the changes are viewed and approved at Woodson, they will be accepted and your child’s record will be updated with the information you supplied. It will take 24 hours for your e-mail address to update and be added to teachers' grade books. Although it is not necessary, you could contact one of your child’s teachers to check if your e-mail address has been added to his/her grade book.
If you do not have a ParentView (Blackboard) Account, please do the following:
- You will need t o create a ParentView (Blackboard) Account first before you can update your e-mail address.
- Instructions for Creating and Validating a ParentView account can be found on our school website at http://www.fcps.edu/woodsonhs/important_info/validate.html . Please read this page, and follow all instructions for creating and validating a new account.
- Once you have completed the entire process for creating/validating your ParentView account and have logged into the account for the first time, complete steps 1-8 under instructions for “If you have a ParentView (Blackboard) Account.