FCPS 24/7 Parent View Account Validation
South County allows "walk-ins" to complete the validation process for FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard) Accounts. *This is only for parents who do not have their own FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard) Accounts yet. If you have already created an account, you are not required to create/validate a new one.
What is a FCPS 24/7 Parent View (Blackboard) Account? This account allows parents direct access to the online class sites (Blackboard) for all of their FCPS students with a single login and allows access to Keep-In-Touch (www.fcps.edu/kit/) to review and update their students’ emergency data online. We would like all parents to take advantage of this valuable tool.
Dates, Time and Location are the following:
What: FCPS 24/7 Parent View Account Validation(You must have your registration key...see details below)
When: Arrive at South County High School between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Location: Go to the Main Office and one of our administrative specialists can assist you.
For all parents and/or guardians who want to use and access FCPS 24/7 Parent View but do not have an account yet, you will
need to do the following:
1) Complete the Online Registration – you will need your child’s student ID number to do this. You need to complete this portion of the process before you arrive at your child's school. If you have limited or no access to a computer, please contact our school and we can make arrangements for you to register onsite.
To complete the online registration, click here for a printable version of the instructions or please do the following:
- Using your Internet browser, go to http://fcps.blackboard.com
- Log on the site and type the following - Username: parentreg and Password: newuser
- Under the Parent Portal Registration heading, click on "Click here".
- Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. To complete the online form, you will need your child's student ID number that can be found on your child's class schedule or report card.
- At the end of the process, you will be assigned your unique registration key, please be sure to print or write it down so that you can bring it to South County High School for completing the validation process.
2) Complete the Onsite Validation - Once you have registered for your FCPS 24/7 parent view account, you will need to bring your unique registration key along with a government issued photo ID (i.e. your driver's license) with your current mailing address to South County during the listed times above.
*Again, it is important that the parent/guardian has already created his/her account at home before coming to South County to validate the account.
- Please do not send your child with the registration key! FCPS requires that the parent/guardian requesting the "parent view" account must do this in person.
- You must have a current government issued photo ID (i.e. your driver's license) with your current mailing address. If you do not have your current mailing address on your license, please bring a bill or piece of mail with your name and current address.
- If you have no access to a computer to complete the online registration before coming to South County High School to validate the account, a computer can be made available at South County High School (please call ahead) if you need to use it to create your account, however, it is strongly recommended that you create your account prior to coming to South County High School to complete the validation process.
- If you have difficulty creating your account online, please contact the FCPS 24/7 Parent View Help Desk at 1-866-434-8880…They can provide
technical assistance and support.