Announcements for May 20, 2013
- SOL testing begins on MONDAY May 20, 2013. Students who are taking SOL tests should report directly to their testing locations. Students who
are not testing will report to their usual class. Remember to bring pencils to SOL testing. NO Electronic Devices allowed in the testing rooms!
- The deadline for turning in Service Learning verification forms is June 3rd, 2013.
Attention 9th, 10th & 11th Grade Students: Service Learning verification forms need to be turned in to your Home Room teacher during the
last Home Room class on June 3rd, 2013.
Attention Seniors: Service Learning verification forms need to be turned in to your US Government teacher by June 3rd, 2013.
- Please congratulate students Abdulrahman Alghamdi and Muhammad Usman for their special recognition in the Global Awareness Technology (GAT) Fair on Tuesday, May 14th! Their project titled, “Comparing Monarchies between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom” placed first in the Leadership category in the county.
Special recognition also goes to Estephany Paz Hernandez whose Cleopatra project was also selected to represent South County.
Great job to all three of these students for their hard work!
Do you have a test review book that you don’t need anymore?
If so, consider donating it to somebody who needs it. The National Honor Society is sponsoring a drive running until May 22 to collect new and used test prep books. (SOL prep books, SAT prep books, SAT II prep books, AP test prep books etc.) The books will be donated to students at SCHS in need of a test prep book next year.
If you have a test prep book to donate, bring it to the closet outside the Attendance office from 6:55 to 7:15 am or bring it to room A111 from 2:10-2:30. You can also bring your donations to lunch today. NHS members will receive one NHS service hour for each book they donate.
Happy Friday Stallions! Stallions lend a hand needs your help to make the difference in the lives of those less fortunate. We are still collecting school supplies for Haiti including notebooks, pencils, pencil sharpeners, erasers, coloring crayons or pencils, kids scissors, rulers & book bags. Please check to see if you have any extra items to help those who are less fortunate. Collection boxes are located throughout school and in C201.
- Seniors! What will you be doing on Graduation Night?? Come to the SCHS Class of 2013 All Night Grad Party!! Win fantastic prizes like TVs,
Blake Shelton concert tickets, or an iPad.... Eat delicious food from your favorite restaurants......Party with your friends….Play in the Casino... Ride the shark....Climb the inflatables!! Tickets may be purchased on PayPal or download the Order Form and Contract on the PTSO website.
Cash/Money Order and Paypal ONLY after May 31st.
All Night Grad Party will be selling tickets for the party during Friday lunch periods in May and June. The lunch period runs from 10:33am-12:34pm.
TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR so buy your ticket today for $85!! "PAID" lists are posted on the ANGP display case in the cafeteria. Make sure you are on the list! For questions, contact Susan Robertson firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-690-6787.
Find more ANGP info at http://www.southcountyptso.org/ANGP/ANGP_index.html
- Where would you go for a great meal AND help out South County? Of course it's Glory Days and it's just down the street from South County.
After all that hard work shopping for all your friends and family, why not stop by Glory Days over in Lorton and enjoy a great meal. After you're done, remember to put the GUEST CHECK into the Glory Days box located in the office.
Here are some more specifics:
- When you dine at a Glory Days Grill, the restaurant will contribute 10% of your total food purchases to the South County PTSO. Bring your neighbors, friends, and relatives, because the 10% applies to the total food bill.
- REMEMBER: Simply ask your server for a copy of your guest check and drop it in the box located in the Main Office.
- This fund-raiser will run THROUGH June of 2013.
If you have any questions you can contact Brigid Williams at BrigWorks4two@verizon.net
- Sweet Frog Lorton Night! Come enjoy premium frozen yogurt, and feel good about it! A percentage of each yogurt sold goes towards South County’s All Night Grad Party. Every Wednesday in May, from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Due to SOL testing over the next two weeks, Stallion Spotlight will be off the air. See you again on June 3.
- National Art Honor Society Members! Our End of the Year Party will be on Wednesday May 22 in Room A230 From 2:30-3:30! Members, please
join us for food, fun and Seniors will get their cords!
- Attention all guys – it’s the time you’ve all been waiting for. Registration is now open to participate in the Boys Volleyball Tournament!
The tournament will be a 2-day tournament: Thursday, May 30th and Friday, May 31st. Here are some things you need to know:
- $5 per player and you get to create your own team and uniforms
- Registration forms are available in room C124 and on the table in the cafeteria
- Deadline to register is Friday, May 24th
- Winners of the tournament will play the girls Varsity team
Anyone interested in coming to watch, and believe me, you want to see this – the entrance fee is only $1!
- Senior Oscar Night is Monday, June 3 at 7pm in the auditorium. Entrance is free.