Be Respectful ~ Be Safe ~ Be Kind
Specialized Programs: English for Speakers of Other Languages, Gifted and Talented School-based, Special Education (Continuum of Services), Pre School Program (Students with developmental delays)
Typical Class Size
|Grades 1 - 3
23 - 28
|Grades 4 - 6
A Little About Island Creek
Island Creek Elementary opened its doors the first day of school, September 2, 2003. This state of the art school is built and equipped with a variety of creative space options, including a theater arts room, multi-purpose rooms, comprehensive media center, computer lab, TV production studio, and a weather center. Technology is a critical , embedded learning tool in a fully PC environment. Students and teachers have wired and wireless Internet access, multiple computers in each room, as well as wireless mobile laptop labs that travel to students providing networked access for an entire classroom. In addition, all classrooms are equiped with smart boards and audio enhancement sound systems for use in classrooms.
Island Creek Elementary has nearly 100,000 square feet of instructional area which supports an array of instructional opportunities, including academic enrichment, comprehensive reading, and math programs. Creative opportunities and challenging science and social studies instruction are addressed at all levels. An impressive focus on physical education and the arts, including fine arts, choral, band and strings is evident throughout the school.
The heart of Island Creek rests in the people who make the school all that it is. The high academic standards that Island Creek embraces, and its vision for developing the citizens of tomorrow, reflect a shared investment in student success. The school's academic mission represents collaboration and a singular commitment to excellence. It is responsive to data-based instructional decision making. School-wide priorities emphasize student achievement in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, the arts, and the development of valued character quailities. Island Creek provides an inclusive educational program that defines success when all students achieve and view themselves as valued learners.
- Croc's Creed - School-wide Character Ed Program
- Teacher cadet partnership with Hayfield High School
- Pre School Buddy Program
- Student produced daily news show
- Volunteers for reading/Volunteer training program
- Active, supportive, and involved PTA
- School-Age Child Care before and after school
- 6th Grade Book Club
- Hands On Equation (5th Grade)
- Young Scholars
- 38 fully equipped classrooms
- Academic enrichment room
- Stage and Theater Arts room
- Computer Lab
- 3 multi-purpose pod areas
- Fully equipped art education room
- 2 fully equipped choral music rooms
- Band and orchestra instruction rooms
- Fully equipped full size gym
- 2 ball fields, softball and soccer
- 2 outdoor play structures for pre school and school-age students
Island Creek Elementary is located at 7855 Morning View Lane, just off of Beulah St, south of Manchester Blvd and north of Telegraph Rd.