Registration for the 2016-17 school year is now closed.
- No exceptions will be made for late applications.
- Please do NOT apply for a child more than once. If any changes to the application need to be made, please contact Lou Aimone at 571-423-4638 or Kristin Koelsch at 571-423-46-36.
- If applying for a current FCPS student, an ID number is required after you list the current FCPS school of attendance. This is the 6-7 digit Student ID number that can be found on a FCPS progress report or can be proved by the school. This is NOT the school ID number.
- A confirmation receipt will be sent to you via the email that you listed in the application. Before submitting the application, please verify the email address is correct. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt, please call Lou Aimone at 571-423-4638.
- This program is open only to residents of Fairfax County.
- For rising Kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2016.
- For rising 1st grade, a child must be 6 years old by September 30, 2016.
- A separate computer generated lottery for each grade level and site determines the acceptance and wait list order of those who registered.
- The lottery will be held in mid-April and parents will be notified of their student's status at the end of April.
- Acceptance into one of the magnet programs is non-transferable.
- If interested in the Spanish Immersion program at Bailey's ES, please follow the World Language's Immersion application and lottery process at: http://www.fcps.edu/is/worldlanguages/immersion.shtml
- The Immersion application and lottery for Bailey's is SEPARATE from the magnet application and lottery.
- Transportation can be provided for students residing outside the magnet school's attendance area.
- Designated bus depots are predetermined and finalized in the summer. When selecting which magnet school(s) that you might apply for, consider the travel time for your family and child. It is the responsibility of a family member to transport the child to/from the bus depot location. Also, consider the length of travel time for your child to/from the magnet school location.
- Transportation is dependent on the adoption of the FY17 budget.
Bailey's Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
About Bailey's Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
Bailey's is in its 22nd year as a magnet school. The school integrates arts and technology in all curricular areas to make learning a creative experience.
The school offers a variety of options to enhance learning. These include science and electronic music labs, a performing arts theater, a math Exploratorium, a communications center (complete with television studio), a fine arts studio, and a third grade strings program. As part of the Kennedy Center's Changing Education Through the Arts grant, Bailey's participates in arts enrichment programs. A Spanish partial-immersion program, the Museum-in-Progress program, and reduced teacher-student ratios also are offered.
For questions or additional information on the Bailey's program, contact:
Magnet School Parent Liaison, Bailey's Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
6111 Knollwood Drive
Falls Church, VA 22041
Hunters Woods Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
About Hunters Woods Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
All of our students benefit from and have access to the enriched curriculum and enhanced environment of Hunters Woods Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences. Through Responsive Instruction, Responsive Classroom strategies, arts integration, STEAM and Project Based Learning (PBL) opportunities, we work to promote a collaborative family of learners, focusing on innovations in teaching and learning. The staff at Hunters Woods is committed to weaving the arts throughout the curriculum.
Grade level signature events include: Wonderfest, Tableau Night, The Living History Museum, Global Awareness Technology Project and Student Theater Arts Reflection Spectacular: an original, student-created production performed in partnership with George Mason University.
For questions or additional information on the Hunters Woods program, contact:
Parent Liaison, Hunters Woods Elementary School for the Arts and Sciences
2401 Colts Neck Road
Reston, VA 20191