The School-Based Technology Specialists (SBTS) fill many different roles in their schools, all centered on helping teachers and staff make the best use of technology to enhance student learning.
About School Based Technology Specialists:
- Developing and presenting differentiated technology training for teachers and school staff in a wide variety of instructional applications for the purpose of achieving each school's instructional goals, enhancing staff productivity, and improving student learning.
- Acting as the liaison between the school staff and division-wide technology resources and as the technology point of contact for the school.
- Managing a wide variety of central and local accounts as well as the school's web team, the local school support team, and technology instructional assistants.
- Assessing software and hardware problems, implementing basic solutions, and coordinating repairs with identified service partners.
- Acting as an on-site consultant, advising in all aspects of instructional technology and providing just-in-time support for school staff members in the areas of curriculum connections, troubleshooting, and appropriate use of software
- Collaborating with teachers in their schools to plan lessons and model best practices in integrating technology into all facets of the K - 12 curriculum.