About Us

The FCPS Office of Licensure serves as the liaison between actively contracted FCPS employees and the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). Our primary responsibility is to ensure that our actively contracted instructional (teacher-scale) and administrative employees hold an active VDOE issued license and that they are properly endorsed for their current instructional assignment(s). In accordance with the Code of Virginia [§ 22.1-299] all FCPS teachers are expected to hold an active VDOE issued license in order to remain employed.

FCPS positions that require a VDOE issued license: teachers, librarians, principals, assistant principals, counselors, psychologists, social workers, occupational/physical/music/art therapists, and school-based technology specialists.

As noted in the advertised budget and subsequent approved budget, effective July 1, 2014, licensure fees for initial Virginia licenses, renewals, tests, and other services are to be covered by employees.

Licensure for FCPS Employees

If your name search on the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) public license query results in "no license is found," then you must apply for Initial Virginia Licensure. If the result of this search is a professional license with an approaching expiration date, then you must apply for Professional License Renewal.  If the result of this search is a license missing endorsement(s) to match your current licensed position assignment(s), then you must apply for Add/Changing Endorsement.

Find your licensure assistant

New First Aid CPR and AED Training Requirements

Teacher-scale employees’ additional salary request packets must be mailed or brought  to the Office of Licensure for final review and decision.

Find your licensure assistant

Licensure Resources

Additional Resources

To ask an HR question, click the icon below

hr connection
571-423-3000 | 1-800-831-4331
HR Frequently Asked Questions

Webpage Curator

Bryan Buser

Last Updated

June 24, 2016