Observe these simple rules on the school bus and at the bus stop to stay safe
- Always be on time at the bus stop.
- Always stand back from the curb.
- Always walk to and from the bus. There's no need to run.
- Always await your turn to get on or off the bus. There's no need to push and shove.
- Always stay in your seat unless the driver tells you otherwise.
- Always keep the aisle in the bus clear.
- Always talk quietly to the people sitting around you. There's no need to yell and shout.
- Always obey the driver. His or her job is to look out for your safety.
- Always take at least 10 giant steps before turning when you get off the bus. This is so the driver can see you.
- Always wait for the driver's OK before crossing the street.
- Always cross the street in front of the bus - at least 10 feet in front of the bus. This is so that the driver can see you.
- Never crawl underneath a school bus. If you drop something, tell the driver, and he or she will tell you what to do.
Following these simple rules will help you stay safe on the school bus.