School Bus Driver Positions Available
Be a School Bus Driver for Fairfax County Public Schools
Join the Driving Force in Education
Driver pay starts at $18.16 an hour, plus benefits! (Effective July 1, 2013)
For more information call 571-423-3000 or visit www.driveforfairfax.com.
Visit CareerQuest for job opportunities.
Bus Driver Job Specifications
- Bring your preschool grandchildren on the bus with you!
- Play golf between AM and PM work assignments, pursue hobbies, civic or community interests, have time for errands and special lunch engagements!
- Work 4 to 8 hours per day!
- Have all summer free!
- Full-time benefits for part-time work!
Moms, Dads, and Grandparents
- Save on child care costs. Bring your preschool children or grandchildren on the bus with you!
- Excellent benefits - Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid sick and personal leave, Retirement plan, six paid non-work days!
- Be off when the kids are off!
Already have a job?
- We have hourly and substitute positions, as well!
- Great wages - drivers start at $18.16 an hour, plus benefits! (Effective July 1, 2013)
- Drivers are eligible for annual step increases plus cost-of-living increases based upon School Board approval. Top of scale is more than $28.00 an hour, plus benefits!
- Consideration can be given for previous school bus driving experience!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, paid school holidays, social security, and many others!
- Paid training program!
- Effective NOW - Guaranteed minimum 25 hours/week!
Do You Like Change?
We pay floater drivers a higher rate of pay for their experience and ability to drive a variety of buses and routes and manage different groups of student passengers. Floaters are drivers with full benefits that fill-in for drivers who are on leave.
Looking for Career Opportunities?
Many of our drivers advance to higher driving positions or become supervisors. Many others move or return to other FCPS positions in administration, instruction, etc. Bus driving can be a good career, a good job for a season in your life, or a doorway to other opportunities with FCPS.
For more information, give our HR Client Services Center a call at 571-423-3000 between 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or e-mail the coordinator, Helen Canepa.
Each driver must:
- Pass required initial and follow-up physicals, drug and alcohol screens, driving record standards, and criminal background investigations.
- Obtain a Commercial Driver License and successfully complete FCPS school bus driver certification training program involving more than 140 hours of classroom, behind-the-wheel, and on-the-job training under the close supervision of certified driver trainers.
- Participate in regular in-service training programs to maintain a high level of both skill and knowledge.
- Maintain a good driving record.