Posted on September 5, 2012
Information for FCPS Remembers is provided by the Educational Employees Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) and by the Department of Human Resources for members of the Fairfax County Employees Retirement System (FCERS).
In the event of the death of any active employee who is now contributing to the ERFC and/or the VRS retirement systems, or any retiree who retired from these systems, notify the ERFC retirement office by calling 703-426-3900. The retirement office will provide the names to Supergram with details of the deceased's employment with FCPS. In the event of the death of an active member or retiree of FCERS, notify Benefits Processing at 571-423-3200.
- Jeannine Maynard, technology support specialist at Kilmer Center, who retired July 1, 2009, and who died February 11.
- Hazel Lockwood, teacher at Bryant Intermediate, who retired July 1, 1984, and who died May 20.
- Ora Lawson, teacher at Haycock, who retired July 1, 1976, and who died August 12.
- Elizabeth Moores, teacher at West Springfield High School, who retired July 1, 1989, and who died August 8.
- Patricia Whittenburg, teacher at Wakefield Forest who retired July 1, 1989, and who died July 8.
Other Top Stories
- Dr. Jack Dale's 2012-13 Back-to-School Message
- South County Middle and Mason Crest Elementary Are Newest FCPS Schools; Graham Road Elementary Opens at New Location
- FCPS to Keep EpiPens® in All Schools
- FCPS Students Pass Most SOL Tests at High Rate; District Sees Anticipated Drop in Math Scores
- Spotlight: 2012 Leadership Conference (video)
- Teachers—Have You Completed the Teacher Evaluation Standards Course?
- Free Seasonal Flu Immunizations Available for Eligible FCPS Employees
- Walgreens to Rejoin the Express Scripts, Inc. Network
- Communications Corner: Back to School Night—Make it a Relationship Builder
- Want to Learn New Skills at Your Own Pace? Try eLearnIT!
- Familygram Is Now My FCPS - Family
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Information Meetings Start September 25
- Register Now for Fall 2012 Adult and Community Education Classes
- GMU Regional Educational Leadership Program Planned, Information Meeting to Be Held October 1 at Fairfax Ridge