Posted on March 21, 2012
Information for FCPS Remembers is provided by the Educational Employees Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) and by the Department of Human Resources for members of the Fairfax County Employees Retirement System (FCERS).
In the event of the death of any active employee who is now contributing to the ERFC and/or the VRS retirement systems, or any retiree who retired from these systems, notify the ERFC retirement office by calling 703-426-3900. The retirement office will provide the names to Supergram with details of the deceased's employment with FCPS. In the event of the death of an active member or retiree of FCERS, notify Benefits Processing at 571-423-3200.
- Hannah Herring, teacher at Madison, who retired July 1, 1983, and who died February 13.
- Sarah Vanneman, teacher’s aide at Timber Lane, who retired January 1, 1988, and who died August 21, 2011.
- Paul Nguyen, English for speakers of other languages teacher at Holmes, who retired on July 1, 2001, and who died January 17.
- Georgette Nelson, French teacher at Woodson, who retired on February 1 and who died February 6.
- Patti Stager, teacher at Annandale Terrace, who retired on December 1, 1998, and who died March 3.
- Maryon Sparks, secretary at Cameron, who retired on July 1, 1979, and who died February 23.
- Betty Cardwell, food service worker at Thoreau, who retired December 31, 1988, and who died on March 3.
- Ethel Meredith, food service worker at Chantilly, who retired July 7, 1993, and who died on March 1.
- Sarah Lahr, information officer at Lacey Center, who retired July 1, 1986, and who died December 5, 2011.
Other Top Stories
- Thrive Across America Online Fitness Challenge Starts April 9
- FCPS Website Receives Top Grade for Transparency from Sunshine Review
- Spotlight: Interview with Dr. Dale—FY 2013 Budget Update (video)
- Michelle Henry Named National Health Teacher of the Year
- TMPC to Close During Spring Break
- Matt Beall Named February News Liaison of the Month
- ERFC Launches Membership Survey, Open Until March 28
- Books 24x7 Featured Title: What's Stopping You? Why Smart People Don't Always Reach Their Potential, and How You Can
- FCPS Special Education Conference Set for March 24 at Lake Braddock
- Free George Mason University Introduction to Special Education Classes to Be Offered Online
- Twenty-First Annual Teacher Researcher Conference to Be Held May 24 at George Mason University, Proposal Deadline Is April 10
- Applications Due April 13 for 2012-13 Great Beginnings Coaches
- Transitioning to Retirement? Fairfax CASA Seeks Volunteers to Speak Up for Children in Court