Posted on January 25, 2012
About Our People
* Megan Gaeta, a teacher at Robinson, won a $5,000 grant from Pepsi for her classroom project, Packaged With Care, a service learning opportunity that incorporates teaching essential job and life skills to students while they serve the community. Using a budget, students are challenged to purchase common household items such as toiletries, school supplies, and nonperishable foods, then assemble the items into packages that will be donated to community-based charities, such as homeless shelters and foster care organizations. All of the money used for Packaged With Care goes back into the community.
* Ann Bailey Lipsett, K-1 non-categorical teacher at Annandale Terrace, has an article, “Supporting Emotional Regulation in Elementary School: Brain-Based Strategies and Classroom Interventions to Promote Self-Regulation,” featured in the latest edition of LEARNing Landscapes. Published twice a year by the Leading English Education and Resource Network (LEARN), LEARNing Landscapes is a peer-reviewed journal that bridges theory and practice by publishing submissions from individuals who represent the wider educational community—teachers, principals, students, parents, university academics and community leaders.
How Do I Get Mentioned in About Our People?
Submit your good news for About Our People to Supergram editor Andy Grunig at email@example.com. We want to hear from you!
What Type of Information Is Used in About Our People?
The following categories of items will be published:
- Employees who receive regional, state, or national awards for their professional accomplishments.
- Employees elected to serve in regional, state, or national education or professional organizations.
- Employees who give presentations at regional, state, or national meetings.
- Employees who publish articles or books.
- Those who successfully defend doctoral dissertations or receive professional certifications.
- Those who receive grants or are selected for scholarships that involve travel or the sharing of ideas.
Editor's Note: Send your electronic photo along with your good news. Items for About Our People do not require supervisor approval.
Other Top Stories
- Superintendent Dale Proposes FY 2013 Budget, Adds Positions to Address Membership Growth
- Understanding Your 2011
W-2 Form; 2012 Tax Changes
- FCPS Launches Living Fit in Fairfax Project
- Deduction Change Reminder for 11- and 12-Month Employees
- Spotlight: Interview with Dr. Dale on the FY 2013 Proposed Budget (video)
- FCPS Working Conditions Survey 2012 Closes February 3
- Supergram's February Schedule
- Summer Curriculum Development Application Website Available February 27
- Automatic Data Processing Is New Flexible Spending Account Vendor
- Special Education Extended School Year Employment Opportunities Available Online February 1
- eLearnIT Featured Course: Making a Positive Impression in an Internal Interview
- Pathways to Leadership Conference to Be Held March 13, Online Registration Opens February 1
- 2012 Changes to the Summer School Employment Application Process
- Fairfax County Government Offers First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Nominations Now Open for 2012 Business and Community Partnerships Awards, Deadline Is March 16