HANDS ON DRAMA
Help support Robinson Drama!
Click here for the flyer.
An Interview with Our Literacy Coach, Mrs. Fee.
By Shailey Pratt, SCA rep
Mrs. Fee joined the White Oaks family this year and transforming reading at White Oaks. We couldn't be more excited to have her.
Where did you go to school? Lake Braddock High School
How long have you been teaching? Reading teacher for 7 years and a teacher for 20. This is my first year at White Oaks.
Did anything really inspire you to teach? I was going to teach dance , but I realized I wanted to teach kids. I always loved kids.
What is the favorite part of your job? Working with teachers to help them with reading and writing.
What are a couple of things that all kids can do to help their reading? Spend more time reading! Eyes and mind in books.
What is your favorite book? Harry Potter
What is your favorite genre? Fantasy Fiction
What’s your favorite thing to do with kids? Tell them what they are doing right.
What was your favorite thing to do as a kid? I really liked to play pretend, so I guess that’s why I always liked books. You could pretend you were in the book.
Elementary Institute for the Arts (E-IFTA)
- 2-week summer enrichment program for students who enjoy the visual and performing arts
- Students rotate through 8 classes -- 2 in the areas of dance, music, theatre and visual art
- Open to students currently in grades 3-5
- Location is Lake Braddock Secondary from July 11-July 22, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (M-F)
- Bus transportation from FCPS high schools is provided as part of the tuition
- Tuition is $425