- Summer Challenge READ, READ, READ … 20 MINUTES a DAY!
- The school library will be open to Westlawn students accompanied by a parent or teenage sibling on selected Tuesdays and Thursdays in July!
- Daytime Library use! The Westlawn library will be open to students to check out books from 10am –noon on the following Tuesdays and Thursdays in July:
Tuesday, July 15 and Thursday, July 17 10am - noon
Tuesday, July 22 and Thursday, July 24 10am - noon
Tuesday, July 29 Thursday, July 31 10am - noon
- Evening Library use! Students can check out books and practice reading strategies with Westlawn teachers! Each week a teacher will read a book aloud and focus on a different reading strategy.
Wednesday, July 9,\ 6:30pm – 8pm
Wednesday, July 16 6:30pm – 8pm
Wednesday, July 23 6:30pm – 8pm
- Stop by! We’d love to see you and hear how your summer reading is going!
Click to find out more about the summer reading initiative.
- July Registration: The main office is open from 8am – 4pm to enroll new students for the 2014-2015 school year. After hours registration To help parents that may work during those hours, the office will be open from 6:30pm – 8pm July 9, 16 and 23.
Contact Troy Newlon for registration questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-241-5100
• Kindergarten Registration Information
• All Other Grades Registration Information
- Important Immunization Requirement: Do You Have a Child Entering Sixth Grade Next Year?
If yes, he or she may need a booster dose of Tdap (tetanus,diphtheria, acellular pertussis).
Sixth grade students cannot begin school in September without documentation of having had the Tdap vaccine. Parents or guardians of current fifth graders should check their child’s immunization records. Students can receive immunizations required for school at any Fairfax County Health Department immunization clinic.
Information about health department clinic locations and hours can be found at
- School Supply lists for 2014-15 are posted! Click the Supply Lists button on the left to view your child's list.
- SELT Summer Program:
July 14th - August 1st (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM)
Westlawn has earned the Golden Apple Wellness Award!
Westlawn supports and promotes healthy nutrition. For more information, please visit the Fairfax County Public Schools Food and Nutrition Website and the Wellness Policy.