- All Day absences must be excused by the parent or guardian by calling the appropriate sub school, see Alpha order and numbers listed below, to leave a message or in writing with a note to the sub school within 48 hours.
- If you receive a call-out message in error, please have your student check with the classroom teacher for that period.
- Prearranged absences (college visits, family travel, upcoming medical treatments, etc.) MUST be requested in writing at least two days prior to the absence and given to the appropriate sub school office for approval.
- All calls for attendance purposes must be made by 8:00am.
- No early release notes will be accepted after 9:30am
- Please note: Fairfax County is very strict about tardies. The following will not be excused: oversleeping, power outages, car trouble, traffic, and missing the bus.
- If your student is going to be late to school:
- S/he must bring a note to excuse the tardy within 48 hours, OR
- The parent or guardian must call the appropriate sub school to leave a message letting us know that your student will be arriving late.
- If a student arrives late without a note during the first 20 minutes of class, s/he reports to class. If the student arrives more than 20 minutes late then s/he will report to his/her sub school first.
Checking Out From School
To check out your student from school (doctor’s appointments or other excused absences):
- Parents-guardians should report to the main office to pick up their students.
- Planned Sign Out
- Send a note with your child to bring to the sub school administrative assistant first thing in the morning. The sub school administrative assistant will write a pass for the student.
- You can pick your student up at the Kiss and Ride area. (If he/she is driving, he/she can leave after signing out in the sub school).
- Please note that if your student becomes ill during the day, he/she may ONLY sign out from the Clinic.
- If you were unable to send in a note in the morning you will need to do following:
- Park and come into the school. Please leave plenty of time. You will have to check in at the main office. At the main office, you will write a note, and we will send for your student. Please note that if your student is in PE or lunch, or if the class is out of the classroom, this method may take extra time.
Student’s Responsibilities for Checking Out From School
- Bring the parent note to the sub school before school begins and get the pink check out pass.
- Bring the pass to his/her sub school office at the sign-out time to get the pass stamped with the check-out time.
- If the student returns to school that day, he/she checks in at his/her sub school office, signs in, and the card is again stamped so the student may use it to get into class.
Sub School Numbers
|Sub School 1 ( A – Al )||703-718-2690||Ms. M. Boyd||room 157|
|Sub School 2 ( Am – Dr )||703-718-2509||Ms. Mariengela (Angie) Jones||room 307|
|Sub School 3 ( Du – Lev )||703-718-2611||Ms. D. Dooley||room 538|
|Sub School 4 ( Lew- Red )||703-718-2509||Ms. Mariengela (Angie) Jones||room 307|
|Sub School 5 ( Ree – Z )||703-718-2516||Ms. P. Jones||room 179|