Waples Mill is a school with a dedicated community - including an active Parent Teacher Association and parent volunteers. There are programs for students in kindergarten through grade six and special programs for preschool students with disabilities aged two through five and for students with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, and/or moderate to severe disabilities. Activities for students include before and after school programs in science, foreign language, the arts, scouts, a chess club and others.
Bring Your Own Deivce (BYOD) - FCPS permits students to bring their Personally Owned Devices to schools for instructional use in the classroom. Parents may find more information about BYOD and download forms.
Parents, please review the the brochure from Facilities and Transportation Services, Parents' Guide to Bus Safety
Waples Mill ES students, parents, and teachers participate in MLK service Day. Watch a slide show of student service projects
Waples Mill ES Spelling Bee - Congratulations to all who participated and third grader, Alyeska, this year's Bee winner. Check our photo gallery.
Snow Makeup Day - Monday, April 7, FULL DAY schedule.
When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change due to weather, emergency closing information for Fairfax County Public Schools is available through:
- the FCPS home page, www.fcps.edu (click on the blue ‘Emergency' tab ) or go directly to http://www.fcps.edu/news/emerg.shtml
- Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Verizon, and Reston Comcast cable customers only)
- the FCPS Keep in Touch e-mail notification system, www.fcps.edu
- Posted to Facebook and Twitter.
- Area radio and televisions stations
For more information on school closing due to weather - http://www.fcps.edu/news/weather.shtml
- March 10 - Grade 4 Colonial Day (snow make-up day)
- March 11 - Interims go home
- March 12 - 5th Grd writing SOL
- March 13 - Picture Day
- March 14 - Skate Night
- March 19 - 5th Grd writing SOL (prompt)
- March 20 - Principal's coffee and PTA mtg.