To report an absence or late arrival call our 24-hour attendance line at 703-937-6066.
You may email: ViennaES.Attendance@fcps.edu.
Or Select this link to Submit an Online Attendance Form
- Regular and on-time attendance is expected of each student and is required by Virginia Code. Student absence due to family trips must be pre-approved by the principal.
- Absences that have not been confirmed are considered unexcused; five or more unexcused absences will be referred to an attendance officer for investigation.
- When you bring your child to school late, you must sign your child in. He or she will receive a Tardy Card to present to the teacher.
Release of Students
- If your child must leave school early, please notify the school in writing. Please do not go to your child’s classroom. The office staff will get your child when you arrive to sign him/her out.
- Please send a note the first time your child is staying at school for an after-school program, indicating the duration of the activity. For 6th-grade students, special permission slips are required to allow them to be escorted to Vienna Community Center’s Club Phoenix after school.
- A permission note must be provided by noon by parent of both students who have a play date. If not confirmed in writing, both students must go home or to SACC/day care as usual after school.
Student Absence Notification Form
Important Information for Parents
For security purposes, your IP address and Internet Service Provider will be recorded upon submission of this form. No data has been recorded at the present time.
You can use this form to report your child's absence from Vienna ES. By completing and submitting this form you are authorizing Vienna Elementary to note the absence of your child today, and you hereby give consent that telephone verification may be required by the school. If you have multiple students who attend Vienna and who will be absent, you must complete this form for each child. This form reports an absence for today only. If your child is absent for multiple days, please report the absence each day using this same form.