About Stratford Landing Elementary School
Stratford Landing is a vibrant and diverse school located in the heart of Mount Vernon, Virginia.
We have four distinct academic programs at Stratford Landing:
- a general education K-6 program
- a Level IV Advanced Academics Center serving grades 3-6;
- a full-day preschool autism class;
- and a half-day preschool program for special needs students.
At this time, Stratford Landing is closed to all student transfers, except for students found eligible for Level IV AAP services. We will enroll only those students who live within our boundary area (pdf map). Please refer to the FCPS school finder and the FCPS enrollment dashboard for more information.
Our Mission is to prepare students academically and socially for their educational career and the world beyond.
Our Vision is to prepare all students for their future by giving them a diversity of learning opportunities. Students demonstrate self confidence that makes them self-sufficient, successful, and productive members of their community and the global world.
For nearly 50 years, Stratford Landing Elementary School has served the Mount Vernon community. The original building had only two hallways. The current school has two buildings, three learning cottages, a quad, and over 850 students.
- School Colors: Green and White
- School Mascot: Dolphins
Other School Information
Stratford Landing is part of the West Potomac Pyramid
Our students attend:
- Carl Sandburg Middle School
- West Potomac High School
- students can also apply to attend Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST)