Welcome to Ravensworth Elementary!
- There is no doubt that the Internet has
become an important part of our lives, and an even
bigger part of our children’s lives. While we enjoy the
expanded horizon this wonderful new technology has
created, we need to educate ourselves regarding safe
online behaviors and practices. On February 21st, Ravensworth hosted an internet saftey presentation. To acess handouts, please click the URL: http://tinyurl.com/mmoxks4
- BYOD Students interested in BYOD should fill out the personally owned computing/network device acceptance of responsibility and device use agreement permission form. Ravensworth ES registers devices on the first Tuesday and Thursday of the month. Students that participate are responsible for their devices and both the student and parent are required to read and accept the personally owned computing/network device acceptance of responsibility and device use agreement permission form (PDF). Once the signed permission form is returned to the school, a sticker will be placed on the device to signify it has been approved for the BYOD program in FCPS. To read more, visit: http://www.fcps.edu/it/byod/faq.shtml
- Kiss n Ride
Ravensworth staff has been working closely with the Fairfax County Police Department and the Ravensworth Farms Association to eliminate traffic issues during our Kiss & Ride times. At the recommendation of the Fairfax County Police Department, starting January 6, a new traffic pattern will be implemented for drop-off and pickup of students.
- Please approach Gosport Ln. from Queensberry or Inverchapel Drive
- Proceed on Nutting Drive, passing the bus lane/entrance and continue to the Kiss & Ride entrance at the end of the school
- Drive through Kiss & Ride, and exit only to the right onto Nutting Drive.
- We hope to quicken your drop-off & pickup times and decrease the inconveniences to our neighbors on Nutting Drive.
Under no circumstance is a U-Turn permitted in the middle of the street in front of Ravensworth ES for the safety of all of our students.In addition if you are driving your children to school, you should not be parking on our neighbor’s side of the street or in their driveways (across from Ravensworth ES) on Nutting Drive and walking your child into the school building. You should be driving through the Kiss and Ride line. Please help the staff out as we try to make Kiss and Ride safe for all, and keep our neighbors happy.
We really hope this clears up any issues with our neighbors, and makes arrival and dismissal safe for all.