PARKING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS 2013-2014
You are requesting the privilege to park on school property during the school day. Because of the limited parking at Oakton High School, seniors have priority for parking spaces. Juniors will be considered after seniors have been accommodated and will be processed in August. Juniors will be informed about the application process in June, prior to the end of the school year). The school shall determine the justification for student use of private automobiles on school grounds. Only students with a valid driver’s license will be considered. Space is limited; therefore, not all applicants are assured a parking spot.
Parking Application instructions 2013-2014
Students: Download your parking application or pick up a copy in the Burgundy Office.
ALL FINES AND FEES, JUNIOR AND SENIOR DUES, MUST BE PAID BY SEPARTE CHECK PRIOR TO RECEIVING YOUR PARKING PASS.
PARKING PERMIT FEES and PARKING PERMITS ARE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
School Board Policy
FCPS School Board policy requires that students purchase a permit to park on school grounds. Students are asked to utilize the school buses whenever possible.
Each parking permit application package must include the following:
- The FCPS Application for Use of Private Automobile – School Session
- The Oakton High School Parking Regulations (NCR Form)
- A readable photocopy of your valid Virginia Driver’s License – No learner's permit will be accepted
- A check in the amount of $200.00 made payable to OHS is needed at the time the application is submitted.
- A completed Student Parking Preference Form. Incomplete packages will not be processed.
Do not separate forms - copiers will be returned to you upon assignment of parking spot.
To locate your parking space, click here
OHS Parking Facts
- There are approximately 450 on campus student parking spaces at Oakton High School.
- Not all students are eligible to receive a parking pass. Parking passes will be issued to seniors, (who have a right of first refusal), and to a limited number of juniors, all of whom must meet the deadline for submitting appropriate forms. There is no sophomore parking on campus.
- Not all students who apply will receive a parking pass. There is bus transportation available to most students.
- Fairfax County Public Schools sets the mandatory $200.00 fee for parking passes.
- Parking on school grounds is a privilege and with it comes certain obligations and responsibilities. All students must drive responsibly and obey the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Fairfax County Code, including “passenger restriction laws.”
- All drivers must be properly licensed and vehicles must be properly registered and inspected in accordance with state and county laws. Vehicles must also be registered with the school. Students must park in authorized areas only and must have their parking pass properly displayed at all times.
- Parking unauthorized vehicles may result in citations, booting and towing.
- Students who do not pay their fines or who accumulate two or more tickets may have their vehicles booted and parking privileges revoked for the remainder of the school year.
- Vehicles are off-limits to students during the school day (7:20 am to 2:05 pm). Students may not leave school grounds or go to their vehicles during the school day without proper authorization.
- Parking passes and campus driving privileges may be revoked at the discretion of school administration. Students may lose their parking privileges should they transfer, sell or lend their parking pass to a third party.
- In addition to the security staff, the Fairfax County Police Department’s Parking Enforcement Unit regularly patrols the parking lots of Oakton High School. If a student, visitor or staff member receives a parking summons from one of these officers, they must contact the police department or courts for further information. The Oakton Security Office cannot intervene in any matter regarding police department issued summonses.
- Park in violation of any State or County driving or parking law
- Park in violation of any Oakton High School driving or parking