Home :: Boosters, Parents and Alumni :: Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
Welcome to the Mount Vernon High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) webpage.
The purpose of the PTSA is to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship to raise the standard of home life and to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth. In addition, to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth, to bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth and to develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in room G100.
WHAT DO WE DO???
- Provide funds and volunteers for packet pick-up.
- Sponsor teacher/staff luncheons
- Provide coffee table at the Gerry Hyland town meeting @ MVHS
- Donate funds for purchase of books for major time.
- Provide a PTSA representative to be resource for parents with children with IEPs or 504 plans.
- Assist with various scholarships and awards
- Organize and support Senior All Night Grad Party
Please call us with any questions and/or suggestions of topics you would like discussed/presented at our meetings.
Your 2014-2015 Officers
Martha Coleman, President
Kay Martinez, Vice President
Antoinette Squires-Smith, Treasurer
Dana Melvin, Secretary
Questions? Call 571-214-4348