Home :: Boosters, Parents and Alumni :: Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
Welcome to the Mount Vernon High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) webpage. The purpose of the PTSA is to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship to raise the standard of home life and to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
Our next meetings are:
- 7 pm in The Media Room (Library) or G100 (third Thursday of the month)
- September 22
WHAT DOES THE PTSA DO???
- Provide funds and volunteers for packet pick-up.
- Sponsor teacher/staff luncheons
- Welcome back lunch for teachers
- Valentine goody table for teachers
- Yearly teacher appreciation lunch
- Provide coffee table at the Gerry Hyland town meeting @ mvhs.
- Distribute poinsettia plants for the front office/all sub schools.
- Donate funds for purchase of books for major time.
- Provide a PTSA representative to be resource for parents with children with IEPs or 504 plans.
- Donate food/drink for homecoming dances.
- Assist with various scholarships.
- Sets up and runs school store 2 times a month.
Please contact any of the board members for questions and suggestions of any topics you would like suggested at our meetings.
Jeanette C. Kraynak
8521 Bound Brook Lane
Alexandria, VA. 22309
Contact information (TBA)