Karina Candamo is the new parent liaison at Longfellow Middle School. A parent liaison serves as a communication link between home and the school. She will work with both parents and staff, making sure you receive the information and assistance you need to support your child at home and ensure your child’s success in school.
How can the Parent Liason help you?
- Attend conferences and school meetings with you to help ensure successful two-way dialogue (English-Spanish)
- Translate and/or request school flyer translations
- Arrange for language interpreters for you at school meetings
- Assist parents in completing school forms
- Provide information to you about school and community resources and services
- Organize and implement parenting programs
- Explain school goals, policies, procedures and programs
The parent liason's goal is to provide the Longfellow community with all the tools to help our children be successful.