Helping Children Learn - High School - a newsletter published September to May
Helping Children Learn - Middle School - a newsletter published September to May
Family and School Partnerships - offers workshops, classes and publications that help parents become educational partners.
FCPS Parent Resource Center - includes tutor lists, workshop schedules, summer camps and Parent Resource newsletters.
Career Parent Magazine includes articles and activities to "help your kids develop skills and knowledge about themselves, career alternatives, career and life planning, personal management and contributing to their community."
THE PARENT INSTITUTE
School Success Web Content Service Sites:
WEB SITES FOR INTERNET SAFETY AND COMPUTER ETHICS ISSUES
- FCPS Resources for Internet Safety
- NEW! VDOE Guidelines and Resources for Internet Safety in the schools -
- Child Safety on the Internet
- FBI's A Parent's Guide to Internet Safety
- Yahooligans Safe Surfing Guidelines
- Rules for Online Safety
- Evaluating Internet Sites
CARS...credibility, accuracy, reasonableness and support.
- A list of resources for evaluating web sites
- Websites for Kids
- Using Internet Search Engines
- Steps for better searching
- Copyright and fair use issues
- Acceptable Use Policy
websources used for plagarism and websources used for fighting plagarism
Fairfax County Public School policy