LBSS Academic Booster Club
Providing resources to our LB Middle and High School academic programs and clubs
Join the Academic Booster Club by September 20, 2012 and your name will be entered in a drawing for a Kaplan SAT or ACT prep course(a $599 value)
Your dues and support enable the club to:
- Publish the quarterly Honor Roll by purchasing "ads" in the high school and middle school student newspapers
- Provide SAT and ACT prep and practice tests with feedback sessions, fall & spring
- Annually award college scholarships to LBSS Seniors
- Host middle school awards ceremonies
- Subsidize teacher sponsored programs, including:
- AVID, ESOL, Math Counts, English Reading program, Science Olympiad, Chemistry equipment, Biology enrichment, SAT prep, Odyssey of the Mind, Model UN, Herpetology Club, DECA, Special Ed math materials & novels, AP Gov flash cards, and more!
Academic Donations: The Academic Booster Club provided $5,082 to teachers for Academic Programs during the 2011-2012 school year. These funds were raised through the Catalyst SAT Boot Camp and your memberships. Thank you for joining of the Academic Boosters Club!
Senior Scholarship: the Academic Booster Club also awarded two $500 scholarships to Lake Braddock Seniors last year. Look for our scholarship application in early Spring 2012.
Academic Trophy Case: Check out our Academic Awards Trophy case in the main hall of the school. Through our fundraising and membership dues this year, we hope to purchase an Academic Awards Trophy Case for the LB middle school.
Dates to Remember:
- SAT Boot Camp - September 22-23, 2012
SAT Bootcamp Registration Form
- Practice SAT/ACT - February or March 2013. Look for more information shortly
- The Hunt SAT Prep Course
Enroll at www.huntprograms.com or by calling 703-425-7656 and mention that you are a Lake Braddock student who heard about it from the Academic Booster Club.
Lake Braddock Academic Booster Club offers SAT prep classes as a service to the Lake Braddock community and does not endorse or recommend any SAT prep company, products, or services.
Contact us: LBAcadBstrs@gmail.com or call Susan Garrott, President at 703-764-9796
|Vice President||Susan Wartel|
By laws of Lake Braddock Academic Booster Club, Inc