Minority Parents for Excellence in Education (MPEE)
The Lake Braddock Secondary School Chapter of MPEE promotes, supports, and encourages Black and Hispanic students from middle school through high school. The main objectives of MPEE are to:
- Increase and improve the educational guidance and direction of minority students
- Make recommendations to the principal, as appropriate, that will result in improved human relations of administrators, counselors and teachers with minority students and parents.
- Actively promote excellence and publicize the positive achievements of minority students
- Improve communications between students, teachers, administrators, and parents
- Serve as a mechanism for addressing and resolving minority students’ problems.
- Placing special emphasis on closing the achievement gap between that of Black and Hispanic minority students versus that of Asian and White students
- Encourage and maintain parental involvement in the education of minority students
- Seek to increase minority student access to Advanced Academic Programs
- Establish and maintain a liaison with other minority parental groups
Please help support MPEE through your membership and fundraising.
Questions or want to join? Please contact T. Dunlap email@example.com OR C. Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org OR B. Vaughn-Farley email@example.com.