High School Counseling Service
New Student Registration
- How do I register at my new school?
Make certain that your new address is within the School's boundaries. You can look up your new address on this Web site: http://www.fcps.edu/boundary/
Check with your current school's Counseling Services Office on the withdrawal process. Typically, students will take a form to each teacher and several offices within the school, turn in books and get withdrawal grades.
Contact your new school's Counseling Services Office to make an appointment , and to find out what you'll need to bring with you. Most schools do not accept walk-in registrations, so please call first. Begin filling out required forms.
You may want to forward a copy of your student's transcript and current classes to us to ensure that we offer the same courses. Our fax number is 703-426-1213. You'll also be able to discuss classes with a counselor at the registration appointment.
- What documents do I need for my new school?
Even if you are transferring to another Fairfax County Public School , you must present the following:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency in Fairfax County , generally a lease or a deed
- Transfer slip or report card from the previous school and/or original transcripts
- Records of required immunizations. Students lacking required documentation of immunizations will be barred from attendance.
- Special education documents (example: IEP or Individual Education Plan), if applicable.
Once you have moved in the Lake Braddock area, please contact Bev Taylor at 703-426-1040 to make a registration appointment. A parent and the student must attend the registration appointment. Learn more about registering in FCPS: http://www.fcps.edu/parents/start/allgrades.shtml. Please allow 30 - 60 minutes per student for registration appointment. The student will start the classes on the following day.
Please ensure that you have the required documents before you have your registration appointment at your new school. If the school needs to request these documents from Lake Braddock or if you need more time to locate these documents, it will delay the student's first day of attendance.
- How can my student transfer to another Fairfax County school, or attend a school outside of our base school boundaries?
Parents or guardians of students enrolled in FCPS may request a student transfer for his or her school-aged child (K-12) for the next school year during transfer season. Read more at http://www.fcps.edu/dss/osp/StudentRegistration/student-transfer/index.shtml