Digital Citizenship Week
This week we celebrate Digital Citizenship Week at Hughes MS. Students will view information on what it means to be a Digital Citizen through daily morning announcements. Students will also have the opportunity to sign a pledge stating they are committed to being a Digital Citizen.
What is a digital citizen? A digital citizen is one who practices appropriate, responsible behavior with regard to technology use. A digital citizen also:
- Protects private information for themselves and others.
- Respects themselves and others in online communities.
- Stays safe online by listening to their gut feelings.
- Stands up to cyberbullying when they see it happening.
- Balances the time they spend using media and doing other activities.
Have a question or digital dilemma? Visit the following website for resources and age-appropriate guidelines for your family, plus videos and articles to help with the tough conversations.
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco and other drug and violence prevention awareness campaign. Students and staff are invited to participate in theme days all week long.
- Monday, October 27 –Theme Day “Wear Red Day”
- Tuesday, October 28 – “Sock It to Drugs” Wear mismatched or crazy socks.
- Wednesday, October 29 – “Team Up Against Drugs” Wear a team jersey.
- Thursday, October 30 – Theme Day “Friends Don’t Let Friends Do Drugs” Dress the same as a friend.
- Friday, October 31 – “One School, One Goal, Bully & Drug Free” Wear school colors blue and gray.
FCPS Food and Nutrition Services
Have you ever wondered what the Nutrition Program in Fairfax County has to offer? Please visit the following links to learn more about the Food Services in Fairfax County, FCPS Food and Nutrition Services, Wellness Policy and Community Parks and Recreation Services.
FCPS Google Apps for Education (GAE)
Bring Your Own Device
Check out this new information regarding specifications for mobile devices that students may bring to school. Read more...