The Herndon HIgh School PTSA welcomes you to the 2013 - 2014 school year! Whether you are a returning Hornet family,or new to our school, we know you willfind a welcoming school community. There are several opportunities for parent involvement, and we encourage you to consider joining one of our many parent organizations. Please visit the PTSA website for additional information on membership, volunteering, grocery receipt program, parent pledge and much, much more.
President - Melvin Jones
1st Vice President - Walter Alcorn
2nd Vice President - Sandra Ryan
Corresponding Secretary - Cinthia Drake
Recording Secretary - Melanie Warakomski
Treasurer - Jeff Clark
Past President - Stephanie McClellan
All Night Grad
Congratulations to the following winners:
- September: Langtry – Free ANG ticket (they donated it!)
- October: Bagby –(5) raffle tickets for reserved graduation seating raffle
- November: Keonig --$20 Starbucks gift card
- December: ??? Could be you! Buy your ticket today!
All student winners receive extra casino cash for the ANG party!
Check out all of the students who have already purchased tickets—go to the ANG website: www.herndonang.org
Get Tickets Today!
Please get your student's All Night Grad ticket today! We are trying to plan an awesome party but we need to know how many students are attending. You can pay on line through PayPal @ www.herndonang.org or fill out and send in the attached form.
Questions? Contact Laura Medvene, LM6687@aol.com
Parenting Education Program
The Fairfax County Department of Family Services, Parenting Education Program is enrolling families for several upcoming parenting classes. These programs are special in that both parents and children attend the classes although children are taught in different classrooms than parents. Classes are for Fairfax County residents; meet from 5:30 to 8 p.m.; are free; and include dinner and child care. Classes meet once a week for 12, 13, or 21 weeks depending on the curriculum.
For more information about a class and to enroll a family, please contact the designated Parenting Education Programs staff.
- Tsehay Elias-Good-Touch/Bad-Touch®-703-324-7459 – email@example.com
- Krissa Slone- Volunteer & Partnership Services - 703-324-7745- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natalie Bailey- African-American Cultural Focus- 703-324-3617- Natalie.email@example.com