PSTD (Parents for Safe Teen Driving)
Attention 10th grade students and parents:
The state of Virginia requires all 10th grade students and their parent/guardian to attend a 90-minute traffic safety program as part of the classroom driver education instruction. This requirement began in the 2010-2011 school year and must be met before a student will receive a Driver Education Certificate of Completion (DEC-1 card).
PSTD Dates for Hayfield 2012-13
October 9, 2012
November 27, 2012
February 19, 2013
April 16, 2013
All programs will be in the HSS auditorium starting at 7:00pm. Doors will open at 6:30pm and the doors will close promptly at 7:00 pm. Once the doors are shut, no one will be admitted. If you are unable to attend at this time, additional program dates and locations can be found on the Fairfax County Public Schools website.
You are strongly encouraged to mark your calendar now and plan to attend. You may attend any session -- preferably before or during the quarter your child has their classroom driver education instruction. If you have any questions, please contact Bob Bowman at 703-924-7576.
Please be aware of the following procedures that have been established to fulfill the requirements of the new law:
• Student must attend with their parent/guardian.
• Parent/guardian is required to show valid driver’s license or state issued identification number.
• Attendance for FULL 90 minutes is required.
• Proper completion of the registration form required (received at the session).
• Program must be completed during the year student is enrolled in Grade 10 HPE.
• No fees are charged to FCPS students currently enrolled in Grade 10 HPE.
Note: this is a requirement for current FCPS 10th and 11th grade students. Most 11th grade students went to this last year and do not need to go again. 11th grade students that did not see it last year need to sign up in advance to attend. To register by phone, please call 703-658-1201. 12th grade students that passed driver's ed before the end of the 2010 summer need not attend.
Click for Registration Form